Saturday 4 August 2012

Live action animatic

I filmed this back at the end of January 2012.  After finishing the storyboards and before producing an animated pre-vis I wanted a quick way of knowing roughly how long the film would be in relation to what I'd created in the storyboard.

The time limit was 2:20 so a very short time.  Creating this live action video made me realise how far off I was in cutting my film down to the 2:20 mark.

I'd already decided to cut out the scene with the granny and the escalators. But as you can tell by this videos length, it was still well over 2:20 

I did about 4-5 different edits of this to try and cut it down to 2:20. The first of which took everything that I felt was good and left a really basic story. This was a good way of really working out which parts moved the story forward and which parts were just fluff.

Generally I find that comical animation is usually faster then live action so I knew that if I could get this to the 2:20 mark then I could get the animation to fit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment