Thursday 6 September 2012

Going underground

Creating the underground was fairly simple in terms of the actual scenery. It's basically just two cylinders attached to each other.  The tiles on the walls were created using a texture and some bump mapping to give them a slightly beveled look.

The floor tiles were actually modeled, I knew the camera would be very low in the establishing shot and so felt that bump mapping wouldn't be sufficient in the detail needed.

Most of my time was spent in building the actual tube train which needed a lot more thought on the layout.








 
The airport was probably the most complicated scene, containing many shops and a burger restaurant.  I wanted to model as much as I could to give me more free reign on where I placed the camera.  This meant modelling parts like the ceiling and air vents. A lot lot of the shop interiors were "cheats" in that the stock and shelves were simple textures, that from a distance gave the appearance of a shop full of goods for sale.

In the video below I explain the steps involved in creating both the tube station and the Airport.  I forgot to go over the Tube train but the process is the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment